My City

My City
...downtown...

Monday, October 3, 2011

Lady H and the Text Man

So I have learned that if you give someone the power, they will take it all. No I am not talking about heroin or the mail man here, not that either of those two things have anything to do with one another in the first place.

I have realized no matter how you feel initially in a relationship, eventually the “ugly little truth” is going to poke it's head out and say F off. Which is a good thing. You need to know sooner than later who a person is.

Sometimes it lasts in love, but sometimes it hurts instead...yeah OK I pulled that from Adele. Well, IT IS TRUE, because inevitably, in relationships, you are going to disagree. You are going to see that “ULT”. From this fork in the road, I think, you know if you should move forward or part ways. Now most people, because of simple physical attraction and/or loneliness keep moving forward and beat the horse into oblivion until things are ridiculously pathetic. Trust me, either you have been there yourself, or know someone who has. Lord KNOWS I have...ewe...

But onto my point.

Texting and yes, Lady H.

Lady H - in some minds is heroin, a very addictive drug...but for this post, just my nickname. What can I say fellas, I’m addicting, as most woman can be ;)

Texting - in some minds the ONLY way to communicate...ok in MOST minds these days...again, ewe.

PEOPLE (...aka, men) need to learn how to pick up the phone and call. I mean texing is sweet and nice and cute and fun and flirty and “glittery” for the most part, but by FAR under-exceeds and malnourishes a new relationship.

Do you know how many times I’ve read something and been like WTF, WTH is this dude thinking and I’m sure 9.99 times out of 10 I’m way off base...and it’s mostly based on flippin response time. Is it because our generation has gotten SO far away from personal contact, that we are just not good at it any longer? ...gosh, I hope not. I love to talk. A lot.

And most ladies fear that their “ULT’s” are going to turn in to “SLP’s”, serious large problems...golden rule: communication is key. Yes, the truth is ugly sometimes and that is OK, but wouldn’t you rather know now than later?

I got some pretty advise a few months ago. I feel it’s a good rule to live by, and it’s simple (who doesn't like simple?)...when making decisions, think of this:

How is this going to make you feel or impact you in 10 minutes, 10 hours, 10 days, 10 weeks, 10 months or 10 years.

SO...rip the band-aid off, talk, get it out there, and if not, MOVE on.

I’m going to go text my boo...l8R, lol, ttyl... xoxoxox L

I'm kidding. He just called, awe, so sweet...and wait, SMART.

No comments:

Post a Comment